At Y Daith we know that regular attendance at school is vital to help children achieve and get the best possible start in life. Young people who frequently miss school often fall behind and there is a strong link between good school attendance and achieving good results.
See the chart below to see the link between attendance and Key Stage 4 results:
If you know that your child is going to be absent from school please inform us by calling 01446 782039.
Fixed Penalty Notices for Non Attendance at School
Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN’s) have been used in the Vale of Glamorgan since January 2015. The circumstances in which they are used are as follows:
- Where a minimum of 10 unauthorised sessions (5 school days) have occurred in the current term (these do not need to be consecutive);
- Unauthorised absence from school due to a term time holiday and where there is a history of poor attendance;
- Persistent lateness of more than 10 sessions in the current term i.e. arrived at school after the close of the registration period;
- Where parent/carers have failed to engage with the school and/or the EWS in attempts to improve attendance but where court sanctions have not been instigated;
- Where a pupil regularly comes to the attention of the police during school hours for being absent from school without an acceptable reason.